Forget shop-bought gifts, how about making your own sugar-free sweet treats to give your loved ones (and yourself) this Valentine’s Day?
These 5 simple sugar-free sweet treat recipes below are quick and colourful, with only a few ingredients, and are actually good for you.
Get yourself some heart-shaped cutters, ice-cube trays or just make your own shapes and share these homemade yummies with loves in your life.
These are so easy to make with only two ingredients (raspberries and your choice of yoghurt) and would be the perfect, refreshing finish to your Valentine’s Day dinner.
- Gently mash some raspberries (you could use other red berries, but raspberries have that lovely tangy taste), leaving some larger fruit pieces.
- Mix well with your favourite yoghurt (use coconut yog for dairy-free alternative).
- Fill heart shaped moulds and pop into the freezer until frozen (about 6 hours).
Why not shape these dreamy white crackles into heart shapes and serve on a red plate next to a bunch of red roses? Makes about 18 depending on shape size.
2 cups desiccated coconut
2 tbs honey (or maple syrup)
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
1 tbs coconut oil
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and sticking together.
- Press mixture firmly into heart shaped silicone moulds.
- Place in the fridge and leave to set overnight.
Free from refined sugar and only using three ingredients, you could add vanilla extract and/or a pinch of salt if you prefer.
½ cup organic peanut butter
⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- Place ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour mixture into heart shaped silicone moulds and place in freezer to set and store.
Is pb and choc the best combo in the history of the universe? I’m totally obsessed. These decadent dark heart-shaped refined sugar-free chocolates with assorted centres use only three ingredients. Only 5 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to set in the freezer, these are perfect to win your loved ones’ hearts 😉 View recipe here.
These Raspberry Gummy squares from Sarah Wilsons I Quit Sugar: Simplicious are the perfect pretty 3pm pick-me-up and are such an exciting healthy chewy snack. They are a low-fructose, highly nutritious sweet alternative and can be stored in the fridge for a week.
3 1/2 tablespoons I Quit Sugar’s Gut-Lovin’ Gelatin powder
1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 tablespoon rice malt syrup (optional)
1. Dissolve the gelatin in ⅓ cup of cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes to become gel-like.
2. Heat the raspberries and rice malt syrup in a saucepan until the fruit has softened. Remove from the heat, puree using a stick blender and stir in the gelatin.
3. Pour into a 10 x 15 cm glass or plastic container. Refrigerate for 1 hour then cut into hearts or kisses 🙂
4. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.